James King’s everyday practical knowledge base is diverse and typically not found in many consultants as it encompasses different types of business segments and sizes both foreign and domestic. Throughout his career James’s work experience spans to include but not limited to:
- Private Equity/Investment Banking with a focus to bring economic value to their portfolio companies
- Real Estate to include Owners/Managers, Construction, Developers, OCIP/CCIP, REITS, & Funds
- Mergers & Acquisition and IPO (Initial Public Offerings)
- Retail, Banking, Pharmaceutical (Biotechnology), Restaurants, Franchises
- Manufacturing of various business segments
- Distribution and Transportation of various business segments
- Health Care to include Hospitals, Assisted Living, etc.
- Working in a partnership with Accounting Firms.
His unique background makes him exceptionally qualified to be a part of your risk management team. James King also proudly served 8 years in the U.S. Navy before finding his passion and starting a career as an insurance consultant. He contributes his success to his military experience as the building blocks on how he attacks business daily. The three words he most remembers are the echoes of his cores values: Honor, Courage, and Commitment; how else better to conduct yourself.
While serving full time in the military James King worked toward and earned his Bachelor’s Degree from the University of North Texas double majoring in Entrepreneurship/Strategic Management & Insurance. Many times he is asked how he decided on an insurance career after leaving the military. He simply says “daily life on a ship is all about risk management; it seemed to be a perfect fit.”
What he sees as skills important for his background and ultimately for his client:
- Accelerated learning curve and Ability to analyze a dynamic situation
- Ability to work as part of a team and a Strong sense of responsibility
- Proven performance under pressure and an Ability to innovate rapidly in crisis situations
- Strategic planning/foresight
- A high degree of professionalism
These talents along with a strong business sense have created a passion for insurance consulting. It was once said “Learning the ins and outs of insurance is easy; what differentiates us from the rest is our ability to understand business along with insurance, and how we communicate the two to the top executives is important.”